Monday, November 24, 2008

MATCHBOX CLASSIC

This set of collection is from a young friend of mine call Kevin Leong. He may be young but his passion for die-cast car collection was great. He found this set of cars from one of his Friend.


I am so glad that Kelvin show it to me all his latest Matchbox collection on last Saturday, and I can't help it by asking him to let me take some shot on the Classic Matchbox car. Later I find out the under print of the cars are different from the newer model Matchbox that I had. Other than it is made in England, it is also have "By Lesney" follow by it and then the year of the car / truck was made.


Lesney was founded in 1947 as an industrial die-casting company by Leslie Smith (March 6, 1918 - May 26, 2005) and Rodney Smith. The two men were not related by blood; they had been school friends and served together in the Royal Navy during World War II.

Lesney Products & Co. Ltd. was a British manufacturing company responsible for the conception, manufacture, and distribution of die-cast toys under the "Matchbox" name.

Today, as we know Matchbox brand is owned by Mattel, creators of Hot Wheels.


Matchbox - 1978 Mercedes Trailer with removables tents.





Matchbox - 1973, No. 63, Freeway Gas Tanker, removable truck head from first gas tanker.




Dodge truck with extra trailer and four buffalo.




Matchbox - 1976, No7 V W GOLF, come with two removable surf board. This set come with a Trailer Caravan made in 1970. (opss.. older then me already)



Matchbox - 1979, No 46 Ford Tractor, come with a hay trailer for vegetables (that is two real onion from my kitchen)
If you happen to have some Classic Matchbox would like to share do feel free to drop me some picture to my blog ya. Thanks.

1 comment:

Toycarsmy said...

Amazing collections